Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Holy crap. I need cable.

Well, if I just get my house cleaned, then I may have time to watch Sportscenter every night. Instead I can't, and I have yet to watch any meaningful highlights of any games from any sport – except for what NBC 12 in Rhinelander puts out (which I really could not give two large craps less about).

With cable, I could watch Yahoo! Sports video feed, ESPN video feed, CBS video... YouTube.... I would be up to date! But until I get cable (with internet, that is) I will have none of this.

This entire college football season and NFL season blew past me. I'm not kidding. I haven't watched any clips of any college basketball or NBA game. Seriously, I'm reading that these events are happening...but are they really happening?

If I'm in the woods and I see a tree that has fallen, did it really fall, or was it placed there? Is there at least an audio feed I could listen to that would replay the brutal tumble of said tree?

Without this modern high-tech technology, I feel as if I'm living in 1978, BEFORE ESPN AND CABLE! Seriously. This is what my life consists of: spouse, kid, full time job, one working car, one telephone, no home internet, no cable, my "rabbit ears" antenna for my TV picks up only NBC and PBS (occastionally I can get ABC to come in clear enough for a very fuzzy picture and audio), we don't use the microwave anymore, we've gone all-natural as much as we could to stay away from lead and other dangerous household chemicals, as well as organic foods and we don't like plastic.... We celebrate Earth Day every day by recycling everything in the house, but yet can't find the nearest recycling center to actually recycle the items (so they are piling up in our basement and kitchen), we don't have a dishwasher, we have to use the apartment's coin-laundry machine, we only heat one room in our house (living room) and use the two bedrooms as storage and miscellaneous rooms.

Pretty much, a clean house and cable internet would make life much more bearable in the Wisconsin Northwoods when it snows everyday and the temperature sits at a *warm* 20ºF everyday with wind...

In the almighty words of Ricky Bobby, "Help me Jesus, help me Allah, help me Jewish god..... Help me Oprah Winfrey!"




Also, I would like to take this very brief moment and do something to you that I usually wouldn't. I would like to ask you to remember to register and vote in the upcoming caucus and primary season. Also, I would like to note (as you can see on my sidebar) that I suppose and endorse Barack Obama. I vote based on what is best for the country Today, Tomorrow, Next Year, In 5 Years, In 20 Years and in a century. I don't vote because someone offers tax breaks. I don't vote because someone has a name (Clinton, Giuliani). And I certainly don't vote for any religious reasons. Religion and government do not work (see: World, The history of the human) I vote for leadership qualities, unique qualities, and the future of my country. That is why I am voting, and urging others, to look at all candidates - especially Obama. If you don't care to look into anyone, just please don't vote for Hillary. If you want my advice, vote Obama, and let's change this country together.

OK, I'm done politicizing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home